Now accepting applications
For 29 years, Georgia United Foundation has offered annual scholarships to high school seniors planning to attend college or technical school. Named for the credit union's founder and notable board members, the program offers an opportunity for students to showcase their scholastic achievements and creativity through a video competition.
$25,000 in scholarships will be awarded in six opportunities:
- Vernon E. Carne Scholarship for $5,000
- Geraldine Tilson Scholarship for $5,000
- Polly Hinde Scholarship for $5,000
- Dorothy Dusenberry Pirkle Scholarship for $5,000
- Monsignor Stephen Churchwell Scholarship for $2,500
- T. Randall Dennis Scholarship for $2,500
How to Apply
- Create a 1-minute video submission answering the question, “Georgia United and Georgia United Foundation were founded on the principles of supporting the community through education. How are you going to use your education to help your community?"
- Submit an online application including scholastic achievements, community service and a 250-word statement addressing financial need, if applicable.
Entries will be accepted through January 31, 2023, 11:59 pm ET. Good luck!
Submissions will be reviewed by the scholarship panel selected by the Foundation Advisory Committee and recipients will be announced in March.
- Applicants must be a high school senior graduating and entering an accredited college or technical school in 2023-2024
- Applicants or their parent, guardian or grandparent must have an active Georgia United Savings Account in good standing* for at least six months when the application is submitted to be considered for a scholarship
Need inspiration? Check out the 2022 winners below!
Heritage High School - Geraldine Tilson Scholarship
Coahulla Creek High School - Dorothy Dusenberry Pirkle Scholarship
Luella High School - Polly Hinde Scholarship
Dalton High School - Monsignor Stephen Churchwell Scholarship
Salem High School – T. Randall Dennis Scholarship
OVER $60,000 IN SCHOLARSHIPS AWARDED ANNUALLY
In addition to our Georgia United Foundation Scholarship Competition, Georgia United Foundation awards scholarships to members of the community through local schools and organizations that total more than $60,000 each year.
- Calhoun Schools REACH Scholarship
- Dalton City School REACH Scholarship
- Dekalb County School REACH Scholarship
- Gordon County Schools REACH Scholarship
- Whitfield County REACH Scholarship
- Henry County REACH Scholarship
- Hall County REACH Scholarship
- Rockdale County REACH Scholarship
TECHNICAL SCHOOLS AND COLLEGES:
- Athens Tech
- GA Piedmont Technical College
- Gwinnett Technical College
- Northwest Georgia College and Career Academy
- UNG Oconee
HIGH SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIPS:
- Gwinnett County Public Schools Career and Technical Education Pathway
- Military Signing Day Ceremonies